My mom found a green bean recipe in a magazine and tweaked it a bit. It turned out to be delicious. I love it not just for the taste but also for the fact that it’s a quick and easy way to prepare green beans. Normally, we would cook the green beans for at least an hour on the stove to allow the flavoring from bullion or a concentrate to become fully integrated. With this recipe, you can throw together delicious-tasting green beans in minutes.
The seasoning gives them a bit of a spicy flavor, but it’s not overpowering. Consider throwing this recipe together for a side dish to have with a family meal or to take to a potluck or party!
- 3 14.5-oz cans of cut green beans
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Melt the 1/2 stick of butter in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the green beans and stir into the other ingredients until all are warm.
- Alternatively, add the green beans to a dish, add the mixture to it, and stir if you plan on saving the green beans to heat and eat later. Cover the dish, and then store it in the fridge.
If you like this post, please consider subscribing by e-mail and/or grabbing the RSS feed. You may also choose to follow me or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ to read my latest posts there. You can find all these options in the sidebar. Also, please consider sharing this post to your favorite social media sites. Thanks!